What Are The Side Effects Of Nose Job?
Rhinoplasty is the process of harmonizing the appearance of the nose to those who are not satisfied with the shape of the nose. As with any surgery, there are a number of side effects and risks in rhinoplasty. You can reach what you wonder with this article where we wrote the side effects of nose job.
What is Nose Job (Rhinoplasty)?
Rhinoplasty is an operation applied to patients who want to change or correct their nose shape. In the operation, it is aimed that the patient has the nose shape that will suit him the most. Rhinoplasty surgeries are performed in two different ways: open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty. In open rhinoplasty, the skin between the nostrils and a small incision is removed through the nose. In this way, access is provided inside the nose and the nose is shaped. With this method, problems such as nose belt and length can be eliminated. In closed rhinoplasty, the incisions are made through the nostril. Ideal for patients who need minor corrections in their noses. The advantages of this technique are that there are no visible scarring, less swelling and bruising, shorter healing time and less pain.
Side Effects of Nose Job
• Although it is very rare in rhinoplasty operations, odor losses can be experienced. Patients may encounter the problem of not smelling temporarily after surgery.
• Numbness may be felt in the nose and its surroundings after the operation, this feeling decreases and passes over time.
• It is natural to see swelling and bruising after rhinoplasty surgery. Swelling, bruising and edema decrease over time. In order not to increase these effects, care should be taken not to take any bumps on the face after surgery. It should not be exposed to direct sun.
• Patients may observe a change in their smiles due to the swelling that occurs after rnoplasty. But when these swellings and edema disappear, the patient's smile is also restored.
• Infection formation after surgery is rarely seen. This can be corrected with antibiotic therapy.
• One of the side effects of nose job is bleeding. Mild bleeding may occur after surgery. In case of increased bleeding, a doctor should be consulted.
What are the Risks of Nose Job?
Rhinoplasty surgery is a very important operation, even if it is an aesthetic operation. As with any surgery, there are some risks in rhinoplasty surgeries. The risks of rhinoplasty surgery include the formation of a clot in the vein, the correction of the cartilage and bones that have been corrected, the desired nose shape at the end of the operation, permanent respiratory difficulty, infection, severe bleeding, color change and permanent numbness in the nose, changes in smell and anesthesia.
Nasal collapse or fall after rhinoplasty is definitely undesirable. These negatives are not the natural consequences of the operation. Nose drops do not occur after a successful rhinoplasty surgery. If the nose tip drops or collapses after surgery, a second revision surgery may be required.
Esthetic Hair Turkey carries out the operations meticulously with its expert team. In this way, side effects are minimized after surgery. If you want to have rhinoplasty surgery in our center, you can contact us.