Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
Rhinoplasty, sometimes referred to as a "nose job" or "nose reshaping" by patients, enhances facial harmony and the proportions of your nose. It can also correct impaired breathing caused by structural defects in the nose.
Symmmetry in the face is the key to beauty. Therefore, especially most women are concerned with having a beautiful face. Because beauty starts with face. The operation will modify the form and look of your nose. Rhinoplasty can be planned after the age of 18 both for men and women.
Rhinoplasty in Turkey is one of the most preferred type of cosmetic surgery.
Male vs. Female RhinoplastyRhinoplasty surgeons use the same surgical techniques on both women and men. But while the techniques themselves are the same — trimming or adding cartilage and bone, special incisions and suturing techniques, grafting — they may be used differently in order to achieve a more feminine or masculine look.
What Surgical Rhinoplasty Can Treat?
- Nose size in relation to facial balance
- Nose width at the bridge or in the size and position of the nostrils
- Nose profile with visible humps
- Nostrils that are large, wide, or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry
The Healing ProcessThe healing process is that while initial swelling subsides within a few weeks, it may take up to a year for your new nasal contour to fully refine. The recovery after rhinoplasty varies for everyone. However, these are the general guidelines to patients.
- It doesn't hurt as much as you would think. Most patients tell me the rhinoplasty wasn't as painful as they expected.
- The first day is the most uncomfortable. You might have a little nausea and some discomfort which pain pills will take care of.
- After about 2-3 days, you will feel pretty good.
- The tapes and the protective splint need to stay on for at least 7 days. Most people prefer not to go out in public before these come off.
- You will pretty good after 7 days, although you will still have a little bruising and a lot of swelling.
- You could return to work after about 7-10 days. Most of your coworkers probably won't even notice you had anything done.
- I recommend you avoid any important social interactions (wedding, big party, etc) for at least 2-3 weeks in order to allow most of the bruising and swelling to subside.
- You'll look very close to your final result after about one month. It takes up to 12 months for all of the swelling and minor small changes to heal.