Hair Wash After Hair Transplant
For a successful hair transplant, The operation alone is not enough to have a successful result. Washing after the operation is as important as the operation. If you want the best result from a hair transplant operation, you should have enough information about washing after hair transplant.
One of the most important issues to be considered after the hair transplant operation is washing the hair. Crust, redness and slight bleeding may occur in the hair follicles after hair transplant. Especially the crusts are preventing the hair follicles to breathe. The first washing is performed in the hair transplant clinic to make the hair follicles to breath and clean them from the shells.
Why Washing After Hair Transplant is Important?
After the hair transplant, the crusts on the hair roots are cleaned first. In this way, the scalp and hair roots will breathe better. The first wash helps hair roots to hold firmly in place and strengthen. The first washing procedure should be done by a specialist in the hair transplant clinic. If the first wash is done at home, not in a clinic, any wrong movement will cause damage to the hair follicles.
Hair follicles that do not hold well in their new places after hair transplant can easily break in the first days after the operation. If the first wash is not done very carefully, some of the transplanted hair follicles may die. After the first wash, the other washes are done by patients in their own homes. The more carefully the hair is washed, the more comfortable and fast the recovery process is.
Washing After Hair Transplant
Right after the operation, you will be given by our experts a special shampoo and a hair spray.
Our team members will wash your hair for the first time and show you how to wash your hair by yourself for the next 10 – 15 days.
On the second day, you are obliged to wash both the transplanted area and the donor area together once a day.
By applying the provided shampoo to your head you will make enough foam on your head and with your fingertips you will tap very gently and carefully. Please note that scrubbing and rubbing at this area is strictly forbidden to protect the grafts.
In order to rinse and clean the head after foaming, you should place your head over the sink and pour the water very gently over the shampoo foam.
Things to consider in washing after hair transplant
- After hair transplant, the hair should be washed with the products given by the doctor. Any product that is not within the knowledge of the doctor should not be used on the hair.
- While the hair is being washed, the water should not be too cold or too hot. Warm water should be used to wash the hair.
- Water should not be pressurized either. Excess pressure damages the hair.
- While drying the hair, very hard courtyards should be avoided. A soft towel should be used.
- When drying your head, you should be careful not to use to much force; as usual be gentle and dry slowly and lightly.
- Hair should not be left wet for a long time after washing.
- While drying the hair, it should be very gentle and careful.
- The first few days after the operation should not be in a dirty or dusty environment. If it is to be found, a soft and soft hat should be worn.
- No chemical products (such as Gel or hair spray) should be used on the hair in the first weeks after hair transplant operation.
- In the first month after hair transplant, it should not be in environments such as sauna, swimming pool or Turkish bath.
- After all scabs on your head are going to be removed, you can start washing your hair as you used to do before the operation. You are allowed to take normal shower and scrub your hair just like before.
- A sample video of the hair wash after hair transplant is completed is placed below the page so that you can also view it visually.