Preventive dentistry practices, which are the most important point of modern dentistry, are being considered more and more by both physicians and patients. So, what is a dental laser? Keep reading.
Now, patients started to ask more questions such as “Does this treatment have any effect on my health?” Before the treatment. Nowadays, where patient awareness is increased, dental lasers increase the quality of treatment by bringing patient comfort to the highest level.
Laser technology is not a new technology. However, it took some time for the laser to be used effectively in dentistry. Today, many procedures can be done with dental laser. Teeth whitening, root canal disinfection, cutting and gingival surgeries are just a few of the treatments using dental laser.
Dental laser is one of the most important devices used in dentistry. The laser is created by introducing the photons that make up the light, making it stronger. Basically, laser light is not much different from normal light. Since the laser light goes through a certain process, the energy of the photons can be directed more easily.
Laser devices are divided into several different categories according to the light intensity they apply. The subject to be considered in the use of laser is to choose the appropriate laser according to the process to be performed. For this, the dentist who will perform the treatment must have a special education and gain experience. Esthetic Hair Turkey provides dental laser treatment services with its expert and experienced staff.
Operations That Can Be Done With Dental Lasers
– Tooth Decay: Lasers are used to remove decay within a tooth and prepare the surrounding enamel for receipt of the filling.
– Gum Disease: Lasers are used to reshape gums and remove bacteria during root canal procedures.
– Biopsy or Lesion Removal: Lasers can be used to remove a small piece of tissue (called a biopsy) so that it can be examined for cancer. Lasers are also used to remove lesions in the mouth and relieve the pain of canker sores.
– Teeth Whitening: Laser is used to speed up in-office teeth whitening procedures. A peroxide bleaching solution, applied to the tooth surface, is ”activated” by laser energy, which speeds up of the whitening process.
– Gingival Aesthetics: In cases where the gum is seen when smiling, dental laser treatments can be used in smile design and in the presence of an asymmetrical gum form.
Other areas where dental laser can be used are;
- Tooth sensitivity treatment,
- Taking bleeding under control,
- Clearing of aphtha and herpes,
- Canal treatment,
- The size of implant-supported or tooth-supported restorations,
- When the tongue / lip bond is too strong,
- Treatment of prosthetic injuries,
- Gum disinfection and detox in people with gum disease,
- Tissue regulation in orthodontic treatments and
- It is a soft tissue cut in surgical procedures.
What are the Advantages of Using Laser in Dentistry?
- The swelling and pain that may occur after treatment are significantly reduced.
- May reduce anxiety in patients uncomfortable with the use of the dental drill
- Recovery is very fast compared to other treatment methods.
- 100% sterilization and disinfection is provided in the laser used area.
- During treatment, bleeding almost never occurs.
- May preserve more healthy tooth during cavity removal
- Anesthesia is not generally required before the procedure.
Why is Dental Laser Important?
The features of the device to be used in laser operations are important. Some laser devices are used only in soft tissue. Some laser devices can be used in both soft tissue and hard tissue.
It is possible to work on the laser without touching the tissues. Because anesthesia is not needed, dental laser treatment provides great comfort to people with dentistry and needle fear.
Dental laser treatments can be applied to patients of all ages, including pregnant women, heart patients and children.
Is Dental Laser Reliable?
One of the issues that patients are most curious about is whether the dental laser is safe or not. Dental laser treatments should be performed by a specialist dentist trained in this field. The team and the patient in the laser application room should wear special protective glasses depending on the laser type. However, since laser rays do not have an ionizing effect, they do not have cancer-making situations like X-rays.
Dental laser treatments are successfully applied in Esthetic Hair Turkey. If you want to have dental laser treatment in our clinic or to learn dental laser prices, contact us immediately.