It is possible that you may not have given much importance to taking care of your eyebrows, but if you want to maintain a flawless, youthful appearance, your eyebrows can be a very accurate indicator of your true age.
So even if the rest of your face is free of wrinkles and still has a fresh, youthful look, thinning eyebrows can cause an aging face. This is true for both men and women.
What is an Eyebrow Transplant?
Eyebrow transplant is one of the most difficult operations to perform from an aesthetic point of view, but when it is performed by professionals, it can give an impressive result. Before the actual operation, the patient is given a local anaesthetic. During the operation, FUE or DHI techniques are used. The most difficult part of an eyebrow surgery is giving the right angle and direction to the grafts and the aesthetic design of what should be natural-looking eyebrows that complement the rest of the patient’s facial features. The operation consists in removing tiny individual hair follicles from the back of the scalp where the hair is very thick. The grafts are removed from the back of the head, also called the donor area, and then transplanted into the parts of the eyebrow line that are bald or have less hair density. When the entire operation is complete, the hair in the eyebrow area begins to grow immediately.
The entire operation will take between 2 to 4 hours. The reason why it takes so long is due to the fact that each hair must be extracted very carefully and precisely implanted on the eyebrow. The total recovery time for this operation takes about a week, but you can return to work three days after the operation.
Eyebrow transplant is not a cosmetic treatment. Most of the time, it is suggested when you have scars or are very concerned about the shape of your eyebrows.
Eyebrow transplantation should not be seen as the service of a beautician.
Who Can Have an Eyebrow Transplant?
– People with sparse eyebrows,
– People with sparse eyebrows at the extremities,
– Those who have suffered a subsequent loss of eyebrows, due to illness or similar reasons,
– An eyebrow transplant can be performed on people who have lost part of their eyebrows as a result of an accident or burn.
Causes of Eyebrow Loss and Treatment Methods
Eyebrows are one of the factors that most affect appearance. Eyebrow removal also directly affects appearance. There are many reasons for eyebrow loss. Some of the causes of eyebrow loss include:
– Eyebrows poorly plucked,
– Temperature changes,
– Various diseases,
– Accidents (burns, etc.),
Eyebrow transplant can be performed not only on people who have lost their eyebrows but also on those who have naturally sparse eyebrows. Eyebrow transplantation can be performed on anyone whose health allows it. The best way to recover eyebrows after eyebrow loss is eyebrow transplantation. With an eyebrow transplant, the patient obtains natural, healthy and thick eyebrows. A successful eyebrow transplant gives completely natural results.
How is an eyebrow transplant operation performed?
The FUE technique is the most commonly used technique for eyebrow transplantation. Before the eyebrow transplant, a drawing of the eyebrows is made according to the shape of the face and the patient’s wishes. After determining the most suitable eyebrow shape, the number of hair follicles needed is calculated. The donor area is determined.
The Steps of Eyebrow Transplant
The operation begins with a local anesthetic. This way, the pain the patient will feel during the operation is minimized.
– Hair follicles from the donor area are removed one by one.
– In order to transfer the collected hair follicles, channels are opened in the determined areas.
– The collected hair follicles are transplanted one by one into the opened channels.
There are some things to take into account during the operation so that the operation is successful and the eyebrows look natural. The angles of the canals are one of them. Opening the canals at the right angle directly affects the natural appearance of the eyebrows. For this reason, it is very important that the team performing the operation is expert and experienced in its field.
The success of an eyebrow transplant is affected by the arrangement of the hair follicles, the direction of hair regrowth, the angle and the spacing. The shape of the eyebrow that will be drawn on the patient must be taken into consideration when determining the amount of hair follicles to be collected. A completely natural appearance is achieved when these factors are taken into account.
The duration of the operation is shorter than the hair transplant. The average duration of an eyebrow transplant operation is 2 hours.
After an Eyebrow Transplant
After the operation, redness, itching and scabbing can be observed in the operation areas. The itchy areas should never be touched. The scabbing stops on average within 14 days.
The eyebrows that are transplanted begin to fall out about 2 weeks after the operation, just as with a hair transplant. This fall is called “shock loss”. But this is a temporary and a normal situation. This stage is observed in almost all people who have had an eyebrow or hair transplant. The new eyebrows are replaced by eyebrows that fall out over time. It can take up to three months for permanent hair to grow from the transplanted roots. It can take up to 6 months for all eyebrows to grow back.
Things to Consider After an Eyebrow Transplant
Eyebrows can easily break and be damaged after transplantation because they cannot hold themselves strong enough in their new location. There are a number of precautions that should be taken after an eyebrow transplant to prevent damage to the eyebrows.
Here are some of them:
– The donor area and eyebrows are washed 3 days after the eyebrow transplant. The washing must be done with care. The transplanted areas must not be subjected to sudden movements.
– The eyebrows should not rub against the pillow or duvet while sleeping.
– Scabbing and itching may be observed in the eyebrows after the operation. The scabs must never be removed and the itchy areas must not be touched. If the itching is very itchy, anti-itching creams given by the doctor should be used.
– It is normal to have swelling after the operation. But if the bruising and swelling increases, you should consult a doctor.
– After the operation, it is important to make sure that the eyebrows are not exposed to direct sunlight.
– Areas that can cause excessive sweating (sauna, etc.) must be avoided.
– Heavy sports should be avoided.
– Care must be taken to ensure that the eyebrows do not receive blows.
If you are interested in having your eyebrows transplanted in Turkey, a leading country in the field of hair transplantation (including hair, beard and eyebrows), please contact us. Call us now for more information!