As the number of men opting for beard transplant triples each year, it is time for men with uneven beards around the world to benefit from this service in Turkey.
What is a Beard Transplant?
You may have heard of hair transplant. A beard transplant is a similar procedure widely used in cosmetic surgery, which can work miracles in thickening and density of facial hair. A beard transplant is a fairly simple procedure, with minimal operating time; to be more precise, depending on the number of grafts, the operation takes about 5 hours. The technique consists of removing tiny individual hair follicles from the back of the scalp, where the hair is very thick, and then transplanting them into bald areas of the face or areas with low hair density. The grafts are then removed from the back of the head, also known as the donor area, and transplanted into the recipient area. Once the operation is completed, hair regrowth is immediate. Patients will be able to shave only two weeks after the operation.
How Much Does a Beard Transplant Cost in Turkey?
It is important to know that beard transplants are not so cheap, the cost depends on the need for grafts and the precise location of the implant. The cost of a beard transplant varies between approximately $6000 and $10,000 in the United States and the United Kingdom. However, beard transplantation in Turkey, compared to these markets, is much cheaper. You will finally have the beard you have always dreamed of! The results will certainly boost your morale and self-confidence!
Who Can Get a Beard Transplant?
- Those who want to make their beard denser,
- The ones with a sparse beard,
- Those with little beard,
- In the event of an accident or burn, beard transplantation can be performed on people who suffer from beard loss on a particular area.
How is a Beard Transplant Done?
Beard formation usually begins in men during adolescence. In some men, it may start later. The patient's age must be over 20 to perform a beard transplant. Those who plan to have a beard transplant before this age should not forget that their beard may grow in the years to come.
Before Beard Transplantation
The patient is examined before beard transplant. The necessary tests are performed. If the patient's health is suitable for the operation, the analysis and planning phase of the operation is started. At this stage, it is decided how many hair follicles will be transplanted and the donor area. Then the operation is performed.
The Beard Transplant Operation
- The operation is performed under local anesthesia.
- Hair follicles from the donor area are removed one by one.
- The collected hair follicles are prepared for transplantation.
- Channels are opened in the receiving area so that the hair follicles can be transplanted there.
- The collected hair follicles are placed one by one into the opened channels.
The Donor Area in Beard Transplant
In beard transplantation, the donor area is the name given to the area where the hair follicles to be transplanted are collected before being transplanted into the beard-free areas. The ideal donor area is the nape of the neck. In some cases, however, the number or quality of hair in the donor area may not be sufficient for transplantation. In these cases, other areas of the patient's body are used as the donor area. Areas that can be used as a donor area include :
- The chest
- The arms
- The legs
For a Successful Beard Transplant
In men, it is one of the factors that directly affect physical appearance. An abundant beard can positively change a person's image. Those who want to grow a thicker beard have recourse to transplantation. But not all beard transplants can give the patient the appearance he wants. There are certain critical points that the team and the patient must pay attention to in order for the beard transplant to be successful and natural.
The experience and expertise of the team performing the operation is very important to ensure that the results of the beard transplant are in line with the patient's wishes. But this is not enough to achieve good results. The patient must go through a number of steps to achieve the best possible results.
Things to Consider Before and After Beard Transplant
For a good beard transplant, the patient must be attentive before the beard transplant:- The patient should inform the doctor of his medical history and the medications he has used.
- Anticoagulants must not be taken before the operation.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption must be stopped.
- On the day of the operation, clothing that is easy to put on and take off must be worn.
For a good beard transplant, the patient must pay attention to several points after the beard transplant :
- Scabbing and itching is to be expected after the operation. Never touch the scabs and do not scratch the itching areas.
- The transplanted area should not be compressed when the face is washed. Soft towels should be used for drying.
- Wash water should be neither too cold nor too hot.
- During sleep, care should be taken not to touch the pillow or duvet.
- Sports that make you sweat a lot should be avoided for a moment.
- The products to be used for the care and cleaning of the beard should be those recommended by the doctor. If you wish to use any other product, you should consult your doctor and obtain his approval.
- Do not smoke in order not to slow down the healing process.
- Healing can be accelerated by eating foods rich in vitamins A, B7, E, B12 and C.
After Beard Transplant
The first week is the fastest recovery week. Red dots appear in the treated areas after the operation. This is due to blood clotting. These scabs decrease after the first wash. Redness and itching are also reduced after the first wash. The first wash is performed in the clinic. The hair follicles transplanted during the washing can easily become detached. That is why a specialist must perform the first wash.
The transplanted grafts start to fall out about 15 days after the operation. At this stage, patients are concerned about the loss of their beard. But there is nothing to worry about. This stage, called shock loss, is a stage that occurs in almost all patients who have had a beard or hair transplant. Fallen grafts are replaced by new hair in a short period of time.
What are the Risks and Side Effects of Beard Transplant?
As with any surgery, beard transplant has a number of side effects and risks. Here are some of these risks and side effects;
- Itching, redness and swelling in the donor area,
- If beard transplantation is performed with the FUT technique, the possibility of scars in the donor area,
However, at Esthetic Hair Turkey, our teams of experts guarantee you total safety during and after the operation and are ready to deal with all kinds of complications.
Esthetic Hair Turkey is one of the most popular hair transplant clinics in the country. Contact us now to discuss our clinic's prices and get more information!