They want to know how long this operation will take. Hair transplantation is not a very long process. Hair transplant time varies according to the number of hair follicles to be transplanted and various factors.
Hair loss occurs at different levels and in different areas. Hair structure, hair thickness and density are different in everyone and hair loss is different. How long the hair transplant will last is directly related to the size of the hair loss area and the hair density.
Hair Transplant Process
Hair transplantation operation takes place in 3 stages.
Before Hair Transplant:After the patient decides to have hair transplantation, he looks for a suitable center for hair transplantation. Then go to the examination for hair transplantation. Necessary tests are performed. The person’s hair analysis is done. In hair transplantation, how much hair root is needed is calculated and the donor area is determined. Before the operation, hair transplantation planning is done by calculating the size of the person’s hair loss and the number of hair follicles to be transplanted.
Operation Sequence: Hair transplant operation starts with local anesthesia. Then the hair follicles in the donor area are collected. Channels are opened in the balding areas and the hair follicles collected in these channels are transplanted. At the end of the procedure, the donor area is bandaged. The transplanted areas are left open.
After Hair Transplant:The first wash after hair transplantation is performed in hair transplantation centers. Subsequent washings can be done by the person himself. Crusting, frown and redness may occur after hair transplant. After the operation, it takes about 1 year for the hair to become the last.
How Many Hours Does Hair Transplant Last?
The duration of hair transplantation operation varies between 5 hours and 8 hours depending on the size of the area to be transplanted. However, there are some factors affecting the duration of hair transplantation. These factors are;
- The number of hair follicles needed in hair transplant directly determines how long the hair transplant will take. As the size of the balding area increases, so does the duration of the procedure.
- The duration of the operation varies according to the methods of hair transplant. Hair transplant with FUT technique and hair transplant with FUE technique are different from each other. FUE hair transplant operations are easier and painless.
- The duration of the operation may vary from doctor to doctor.
- The structure of the hair also affects the hair transplantation period. Thin or thick hair, straight or curly hair, light or dark color are among the factors that can change the time of hair transplant.
How Long does Hair Healing Last?
The healing process after hair transplant may vary from person to person. Because everyone’s metabolism and recovery rate are different. The healing process after hair transplant:
Pain may occur after hair transplant. For these pains you can use pain medications prescribed by your doctor. Redness, bleeding, acne and crusting are seen postoperatively. After the first wash done 3 days after the hair transplant, these problems decrease and their effects decrease with time. The first wash is done by a specialist in hair transplant clinic. The next wash is done by the patient himself. After the first wash, the patient is told one by one what to pay attention to in the next washings.
Things to Consider When Washing After Hair Transplant
- The products recommended by the doctor should be used during washing. Other products used without the doctor’s knowledge may damage the hair and scalp. Therefore, if another product is to be used, consult a doctor first.
- The water to be washed should not be too hot or too cold.
- Pressurized water can damage the hair follicles. For this reason, care must be taken that the washing water is not pressurized.
- During washing, the hair and scalp should be treated very gently. The head should not be rubbed and washed.
- A soft towel should be preferred during drying and drying should be done without rubbing the towel head.
Within a few years after the hair transplant, the so-called shock shedding is passed. During the shock shedding phase, the transplanted hair roots begin to shed. This can cause anxiety for people who are not familiar with the shock spill. This stage is seen in almost everyone who has hair transplant. Therefore, there is no need to worry about hair loss at this stage.
After the shock shedding, instead of the shedding hair, new hair will start to grow. After one month of hair transplant, the most important parts of the healing process are completed. After 4 months, the hair will begin to form its structure and after 8 months the transplanted hair will begin to grow. After the operation, it will take about 1 year for the hair to become the last. At the end of 1 year, your hair will have a natural and unshed appearance.
Things to Consider After Hair Transplant
- Care should be taken not to contact the transplanted areas in the first days after the operation.
- Make sure that the head is not hit.
- When lying, lie as vertically as possible and ensure that the pillow does not rub against the scalp.
- Avoid heavy spores and avoid environments that may cause very hot sweating.
- Do not go directly to the sun and if you need to go to a soft and plenty of hats should be preferred.
- After hair transplant, you can accelerate your healing process by eating healthy and avoiding harmful habits such as smoking and alcohol.
What is important here is the successful operation rather than the hair transplant period. As a result of a successful operation, patients can get natural looking bushy hair as they wish. With Esthetic Hair Turkey, hair transplantation operation is very comfortable and easy. You can contact us for hair transplant at our center.