Zirconium (zircon, zirconia) is a transition metal discovered in the 18th century. From aerospace to military, zirconium is used in many fields. Because of its corrosion resistance of zirconium, it is a preferred metal in many areas species.
Zirconium is white and permeable and therefore it is preferred to be used in dentistry as base of zirconium-ceramic crowns.
What is Zirconium Crowns? In Which Cases is it Preferred?
Zirconium tooth coating has the highest quality in terms of both aesthetics and durability. For this reason, it is a highly preferred application in dental treatments. In the coating of teeth, white zirconium has been used instead of metal colored porcelain. Zirconium is one of the most used products of dentists because it is very easy to adapt to teeth and gums and has a natural appearance. Zirconium tooth coating is preferred in tooth colorings that cannot be achieved with teeth whitening, in split or cut teeth and in the treatment of broken teeth.
How Is Zirconium Crowns Made?
Zirconium crown is usually made as follows:
- The first examination determines the damage to the tooth.
- Local anesthesia is applied.
- Teeth trimmed with special tools.
- Trimming process is going to be done so that the coating to be placed on the tooth is not big in the mouth and not rough.
- It is cleaned for the mouth.
- Tooth size will be taken.
- Color will be chosen for the coating by considering natural teeth.
- In an average of 5 days, azirconium plated tooth will be ready.
- During this time, the teeth are going to be covered with temporary coating, as the thinned teeth will look bad.
- The preparedzirconium coatings are temporarily adhered to your teeth.
- The reason why this coating is made first is to make it easy to fix if a problem occurs.
- Temporarily attached zirconium coatings remain in the patient’s mouth for about 1 week and 10 days.
- If there are no problems, the coatings are permanently placed on the teeth.
Advantages of Zirconia Crowns Compared to Other Crowns
- Zirconia crownshave more advantages than metal ceramic crowns. They are translucent and white.
- Thanks to the transmission of light,zirconia crownslook more similar to natural tooth. Metal crowns do not have this advantage.
- Contrary to metal crowns,zirconiumis resistant to corrosion and therefore the color does not change and it also does not leave a metallic taste in the mouth.
- Hot and cold sensitivity is minimum inzirconium tooth coating.
- Its surface is smooth, so tooth colorings that may occur due to cigarette, tea or coffee consumption will not be seen in zirconium tooth coating.
- It does not cause bad breath.
- It does not cause any change of mouth or taste.
- Recovery time after zirconium tooth coating is very short.
How Much Are Zirconium Crowns Prices?
Zirconium crowns prices are affected by more than one factor. Therefore, it is not correct to give a single price range for this treatment. Among the factors affecting zirconium crowns prices;
Prices vary according to the dentist from the dentist who will make the zirconium dental coating. As the awareness and experience of the dentist increases, the price of the treatment will also change. In addition, prices vary according to the center where the coating will be made.
Prices vary according to the number of teeth to be made with zirconium crowns. It is natural that the prices of zirconium dental coating made on a full mouth are different from the dental coating applied on a single tooth.
Prices vary according to the city or country where the treatment will be performed. Turkey prices are quite affordable compared to other countries zirconium crowns.
Zirconium Crowns Prices in Turkey
Turkey is one of the countries that has made its name in the health sector. Millions of people come to the country for health tourism every year. Turkey is a country which is also highly preferred for dental treatment. Turkey deals dental zirconia coating is very convenient. Not only affordable prices even more successful and experienced dentists are also preferred in the field of dental treatment in Turkey has become a country.
Turkey’s most preferred city for dental treatments is Istanbul. Istanbul is the province with the highest population in the country. As the center of the country, there are many health centers in Istanbul. The fact that Istanbul zirconium dental coating prices are also very affordable has made Istanbul an even more preferable city.
Frequently Asked Questions About Zirconium
Who can Use the Zirconia Crowns?
Zirconia crowns can be applied to everyone. It has no allergens and can be used in a big range. There is also no age limit.
Are Zirconium Crowns Harmful to the Body?
The zirconium crowns are not harmful to the body. This material is tissue-friendly.
Do Zirconia Crowns Cause Gum Pigmentation?
Zirconium does not cause for infections on the gums because it is resistant to corrosion. If the patient takes care of his oral hygiene there will be no problem.
Sometimes teeth with root canal treatment change from natural colour. Zirconium beholds his own colour and natural look. In this case the colour change is visible under the thin gum. The origin of the discoloration is not because of the zirconia crown but the natural tooth (root).
Does the Transmittance of Teeth Disappear with Zirconia Crowns?
The light transmission of the natural tooth and the zircon crown is identical. It can especially be used by patients who wish an aesthetic look.
Dental treatments are very successful and meticulously done with Esthetic Hair Turkey. You also make your dental treatment at our center and you can contact us for Turkey to have information about zirconium crowns costs.