Things To Consider After Abdominoplasty
Excessive weight gain as a result of people may experience sagging in the abdomen. Postpartum fat in the abdomen and loss of elasticity of the skin may occur. In such cases, abdominoplasty is performed to prevent regional ossification and sagging of the skin.Those who are considering to have this surgery may have questions about abdominoplasty. For this, we have shared the things to be considered after abdominoplasty.
What is Abdominoplasty? How To Do?
Abdominoplasty with excess fat and sagging skin is taken. The person has a more flat and tense skin. The duration of the abdominoplasty surgery varies depending on the size of the procedure. Abdominoplasty operations are divided into two as full and mini abdominoplasty. If the degree of sagging in the skin is low and there is not much fat, mini abdominoplasty is performed. If sagging and oily skin is excessive, full abdominoplasty is performed.
Tubes called drains are placed to remove excess fluid and blood that may accumulate in the body after surgery. Edema is normal in the first days after surgery. Over time, edema will disappear. Full recovery time varies from person to person. The recovery takes place on average between 3-9 months. There is no obstacle to getting pregnant after abdominoplasty. Abdominoplasty for sagging after pregnancy is usually recommended one year after pregnancy.
Considerations After Abdominoplasty
In order to achieve the desired results after abdominal surgery, there are some factors that should be considered after surgery.
• It is natural to experience pain after abdominal prosthesis. It is recommended to tilt and walk forward to reduce pain.
• Post-operative abdominal corset is given by the doctor. Wearing this corset reduces the healing time.
• Postoperative gas-free foods should be avoided. The first week after surgery should be fed with watery foods. You should not eat too much.
• Postoperative pain is a part of the process. Painkillers will be prescribed by the doctor for easy recovery of this painful period.
• Embolism is one of the most feared complications after abdominoplasty surgery. To prevent this, patients are given blood thinners and varicose veins that prevent clotting. The most important thing that the patient will do to minimize the risk of embolism is not to remain inactive.
• In the first weeks after the operation, it should be avoided in environments such as steam bath and sauna. Especially in the first month and a half should not be entered in these environments.
• The first days after surgery are the most important times. Care should be taken not to stretch and stand upright these days.
• Heavy sports should be avoided until recovery is complete. Abdominal exercises for the first month and a half after surgery are not recommended.
• Performing sudden movements and lifting heavy increases abdominal pressure. This forces the stitches. Therefore, such actions should be avoided.
• After the abdominoplasty, various creams are given by the doctor to quickly heal the wounds and prevent any scarring. These products should be used without interruption for as long as the doctor prescribes.
With Esthetic Hair Turkey, full abdominoplasty or mini abdominoplasty operations are carried out meticulously. You can contact us to make an appointment at our center and to have information about abdominoplasty prices.