All About Beard Transplant
Not satisfied with your beard? You want to have a beard
plantation but you don't know the details about the process? By reading this
article you can find all your curiosity about beard transplant.
To Whom Can Do Beard Transplant
• For those with short beards,
• Those who experience regional spills on their beards in cases of accidents or burns,
• People with sparse beards,
• Beard planting can be done for those who want to make their beard more bushy.
What is Beard Transplant?
Beard formation may begin in adolescence in some men and may start later in some men. In order to beard, the patient must be over 20s. Those who want to grow a beard at an early age should not forget the possibility that their beard may grow later.
Before beard transplant, the patient is examined by the doctor. It is determined whether the health status of the person to be transplanted is appropriate. In health problems such as blood pressure, diabetes, hemophilia, beard can be cultivated after doctor's approval. Beard analysis is performed during the examination. How much hair follicle is transplanted is decided. The donor area from which these hair follicles will be removed is decided.
Beard transplant is an operation for those who want to have bushy beards. Beard transplant is performed under local anesthesia. The procedure is started by first collecting the hair follicles from the donor area. Small canals are opened in the beardless areas for transplanting the collected hair follicles. The hair follicles are transplanted individually into these canals. At the end of the procedure, the donor is bandaged in the area and the transplanted areas are exposed.
Donor Area in Beard Transplant
In beard transplant, the donor region is the region where the hair follicles to be transplanted are taken. The most ideal donor site is the neck. This area behind the two ears is the most preferred donor region. If the nape is insufficient for beard transplant, other parts of the body can be used as donor sites. Places used as donor regions include;
• Arms and
• Chest is located.
For a Good Beard Transplant
Beards are one of the most changing elements in men. Lush beards can carry one's appearance upwards. But after a badly transplanted beard, the beards may look very bad. Therefore, there are some issues that need to be considered in order for the process to go well.
Things to Consider Before Beard Transplant
For a good beard transplant, there are some criteria to be considered before beard transplant.
• The center where the beard transplant will be performed should be sterile and the tools to be used should be the latest technology.
• It is very important for the doctor to be an expert and experienced in the field for the operation to be successful.
• Before the procedure, the patient should fully inform the doctor about his / her medical history and medications.
• Blood thinners and smoking should be suspended before the operation.
• Before beard transplant, it is recommended that the patient comes to the doctor's examination without cutting his beard.
• Care should be taken to wear easily removable clothing on the day of the procedure.
After Beard Transplant
After the operation, red dots are seen in the areas where the transplant is performed. This is due to clotted blood. With the first wash after beard transplant, these crusts are greatly reduced. The first wash after the procedure is usually done in the hair transplant center. Redness, acne and crusting after the procedure disappear in about 2 weeks.
15 days after beard transplant, the shedding phase begins. At this stage, the transplanted beards are shed. Those who are not familiar with this stage may think that the operation has failed. Shock shedding is a normal condition seen in everyone who grows a beard. In the case of shock spills, new beards emerge over time.
The first week after beard transplant is the fastest recovery. There are some points to be considered in order to complete the recovery after the operation. After the beard transplant, the hair follicles cannot easily be held firmly in place. Therefore;
• After beard transplant, the skin should not be touched and the scratched areas should not be scratched.
• Face washing should not be pressed on the beard, soft towels should be preferred when drying. Washing water should not be too hot or too cold.
• Sports that may cause sweating should be avoided.
• Smoking should be suspended for a while. Smoking slows blood flow. Therefore, newly transplanted beards cannot be fed well enough.
• Plenty of clothes should be preferred. Care should be taken that the clothes do not come into contact with the face when they are worn. Because beards can be damaged by friction.
• When sleeping, beards should not be rubbed against the pillow. It should be laid on its back.
• After the procedure, products other than those recommended by the doctor should not be used on the beard. If another product is to be used, the doctor should be consulted beforehand.
• A, B7, E, B12 and C-rich foods can be accelerated by consuming foods rich in vitamins.